We know you’re busy. And we know that this holiday season will not be quite back to normal. The Chamber is happy to have a full slate of holiday programming & events to help you promote, engage and ensure that your business is prepared for success. Please use the checklist below and share it with employees and/or managers who can help you take advantage of all we have to offer.
Be a part of helping us optimize local buying & increase awareness of all that is good right here at home. All of the items below are free of charge to chamber members and take just a few minutes to do. Contact the Chamber offices at 740.282.6226 or by email at email@example.com with questions or for assistance.
- Ohio Valley Shop Where I Live Website – Just a year old, this exciting, free platform has already captured over $12,000 in local sales for our small businesses. It allows members to offer gift cards and products, complete with shopping cart capabilities, free of charge. Let us help you set up a storefront and start selling 24/7. Perfect for small, home-based or specialty stores or those who already have a website. Set up is fast and it coordinates with any type of gift card (paper or plastic) and any type of POS system. The Chamber staff is happy to help you get started. Check it out at www.ohiovalley.shopwhereilive.com. Sponsored by Trinity Health System, Eastern Gateway Community College, M & M Hardware, Encino Energy and Hancock County Savings Bank.
- Small Business Saturday – Saturday, November 27th, “Buy Local” stations will be set up at two local retailers, M & M Hardware and Exquisite Creations By Joel, with volunteers handing out fresh coffee and doughnuts, along with shopping bags, coupons, stickers and t-shirts to promote local holiday shopping. Get your promotional items to us before November 13th to be included.
- Holiday Shopping, Dining & Personal Care Guide – A handy, comprehensive list of all Chamber member stores, restaurants and more. Check your listing and information to be sure it’s accurate and contact the Chamber with changes. This virtual promotional tool is prominently displayed on the Chamber website, listed in each Friday’s newsletter and is part of our social media promos as well. And, of course, no charge for members to be listed.
- Buy Local Receipt Raffle – Shoppers may enter online or in person to submit receipts from purchases made at Jefferson County businesses between November 15th and December 24th. For every $50 spent locally, shoppers receive one entry in a drawing to win $250 cash. Make sure to hand out the informational fliers to your customers. Sponsored by Main Street Bank, First Choice America Community Federal Credit Union & US Bank.
- Holiday Open House – Join fellow members on Wednesday, December 8th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in downtown Steubenville. This year’s host, Apollo Pro Cleaning & Restoration is pulling out all stops to welcome chamber members and their employees. Look forward to carolers, great food and drink, music, a visit from Santa and more.
- “Buy Local” Clip Art & Printables – From door signs and logos to stickers and “Shop Small” marketing materials, all are available on the Chamber website, jeffersoncountychamber.com under “Online Forms & Resources.” Print them, use them on your marketing materials or make stickers for your employees and customers. A few complimentary ones are enclosed. Let us know if you need more.
- Steubenville Christmas Parade – Ambassador Club members will man the “Shift Your Shopping” Nutcracker float in the downtown Steubenville parade Saturday, December 4th. Provide a shopping bag with your logo and we’ll include it on the float.
- Chamber Member Newsletter – Utilize the Friday newsletter, “In The Know” to promote all of your holiday gift ideas, specials, menus and more. It’s free and reaches over 800 people each week. We can link your website, FB Page, flier or coupon.
- Holiday Coffee & Connections – It’s become one of the most popular events of the year. Join us at the Holiday Inn of Weirton/Steubenville Area on Wednesday, December 8th (the same day as the Holiday Open House! Can you say “vacation day?). A delicious hot breakfast, ugly sweater contest, speed-networking and a chance to promote all that is happening at your business. Bring coupons, fliers, menus or giveaway items. It truly is a showcase of what the Chamber is all about.