The Chamber is excited to announce a new comprehensive program to help improve, grow and strengthen the local workforce. “Project Workforce” has many facets with the first phase being to improve the connection between local businesses and quality job candidates. Its other goals are to assist established businesses with long-term succession planning and/or the sale of their business and actively engage high school and college students (our future workforce) in career planning, entrepreneurship, soft skill development, volunteerism, mentorships, shadowing opportunities and more.
As we navigate through stressful and uncertain times, its crucial that job and workforce issues remain a high priority. The Chamber and its Education & Workforce Development Committee will continue to grow this program and we encourage you to provide input, ideas and support when possible. If you are interested in joining this important committee, call the Chamber offices at 740.282.6226.
Part 1. The Chamber Job Bank
When a member submits their job opening information to the Chamber they will receive the following support at no charge:
- Their listing information sent to our 800+ database of member businesses and organizations and their employees.
- Their listing information posted to the Chamber job bank at www.jeffersoncountychamber.com.
- A post to the chamber Facebook page with their listing details. (1700 followers)
- Personal assistance from local Workforce Specialist, Dan Wilson, at Ohio Means Jobs who will assist in creating and posting the job opening to the OMJ site.
- Their listing information sent to all Jefferson County high school administrators to be sent on to students, guidance offices and parents.
- Their listing information sent to EGCC and Franciscan University of Steubenville for their student job boards.
- Their listing information announced three times on local radio station, 106.3 The River, including information on how to apply.
- Their listing included in advertising campaigns outside of Jefferson County which will list all local employment opportunities from high-level management, educational and non-profit positions to skilled trades, finance, health care, retail, food service, manufacturing and more.
Part one of Operation Workforce is launching today. Click here to view the Chamber Job Bank listings that are already live. And watch “In The Know” and your email for information as we roll out the next two phases in the coming weeks.
[su_button url=”https://www.jeffersoncountychamber.com/job-bank-posting-form/” target=”blank” size=”5″ icon=”icon: arrow-right”]Post Your Job Opening[/su_button]