Help us kick off a “Buy Local” shopping season on Small Business Saturday, November 28th.
We know you’re busy. And we know that this will be a holiday season like none of us have ever seen – very unpredictable and more stressful than ever before. If you are a business that can take advantage of the programs below, please do. They are all easy and free of charge as a Chamber member.
And if they don’t apply to your business or industry, do your part by spreading the “Shift Your Shopping” message between now and Christmas Day. Look to our local members first for holiday purchases and we all will come out the other side of 2020 much stronger. From gifts, gas, and take-out or a new car to home improvements, haircuts, or Christmas portraits – it all adds up. Look local first.
- Send or drop off coupons, fliers, menus or small giveaway items to the Chamber for the Small Business Saturday station which will be set up at M & M Hardware in Steubenville on November 28th from 8 a.m. to noon. We will be (safely) handing out your information along with fresh, hot coffee and encouraging shoppers to buy locally this holiday season. We’ll also be promoting the “Buy Local” receipt contest that is explained below. Deadline to drop off your items is Wednesday, November 25th at 4 p.m. The chamber address is 630 Market Street, Steubenville, OH 43952. Quantity: 25 to 50.
- Post a “Shop Small” or “Eat, Drink & Be Local” sign on your storefront or door. Click below to download and print. And watch your email for information on the Chamber’s new “Promo Page” where you can download printable signs, stickers and more. Include a “Proud Chamber Member” sticker on your holiday mailing or print “Buy Local” stickers for your employees or to hand out to kids.
- Go to the Chamber’s website, www.jeffersoncountychamber.com, and click on the “Holiday Eating, Drinking & Shopping Guide” on the left side. Check that your information and links are accurate and contact the Chamber if there are changes. This will be promoted throughout the holidays to fellow members and on social media, in addition to thousands of visitors to our website using it as well.
- Post or hand out the enclosed information to remind your customers to enter the Chamber’s popular “Buy Local Holiday Receipt Raffle.” Shoppers enter by logging their receipts from ALL purchases made at local businesses between November 28th through December 24th. For every $50 spent locally, shoppers receive one entry in a drawing to win $250 cash.
- Send the Chamber gift ideas from your store (at different price points) and we will feature them on our scrolling gift list on our website. Think outside the box this year and don’t forget to mention gift cards. There’s even an easy online form on the Chamber website. Look under “Members Only” and “Online Forms.”
- Remember to send us blurbs for our Friday newsletter, In The Know. It’s very popular and reaches over 800 fellow businesses and organizations and their employees. It’s a great place to remind people of your holiday hours, specials, gift ideas or added services. We can link your blurb to a printable coupon, your website, your menu and your Facebook page. Fill out a quick form at www.jeffersoncountychamber.com under “Members Only” and “Online Forms.”