Each year, the Chamber recognizes its outstanding members in various categories at its Annual Awards Dinner & Meeting. This year’s event will take place on Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 at St. Florian Hall in Wintersville. To nominate a person or business, please follow the guidelines below. If you have any questions, please contact Tricia Maple at the Chamber offices at 740.282.6226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• All nominations must be submitted online or via mail using an official nomination form.
• To submit online, please complete the following form and click “submit”. To submit your nomination via regular mail, download and print the form by clicking here.
• Deadline for nominations to be received at the Chamber offices is 1 p.m. Friday, September 29th, 2017.
• Only complete nomination forms will be considered.
• Nominees may only be nominated in one category.
• Three finalists in each category will be named in each category with the winner being announced at the dinner meeting.
• All nominees must be current members in good standing of The Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce or employees of such.
• Selection criteria listed is a guide only – provide as much information as possible.
1. New or Emerging Business of the Year: Open to Chamber member businesses that have been open and operational for three years or less. Selection criteria: What makes it unique, an asset to the community, a strong chamber member and/or an especially valuable member of the business community?
2. Young Professional of the Year: Open to people age 30 or under who own or are employed by a Chamber member business. Selection criteria: What does this person do or have they done as a local professional that sets them apart from others? What are their outside interests/contributions? What are their future plans? How do they contribute to the local community, either from a business standpoint, philanthropic or both? Do they convey a professional and positive image as a local business person?
3. Ambassador of the Year: Open to all current members of the Chamber Ambassador Club. Nominees and winner determined by submissions and vote from fellow Ambassadors only. Based on volunteer hours, contribution to the club and continued support of the Chamber and its mission.
4. Business of the Year: Open to all Chamber member businesses of any size or type. Selection criteria: What has this business done in the past year specifically that was exceptional or helped the local community? Has it experienced expansion or improvements in products, services or number of employees? Has it added an innovative product or service or been a leader in a community cause or project?
5. Lifetime Achievement: Open to any Chamber member business or person employed by such. Based on longevity, commitment to the local community, support of business and non-business organizations, philanthropic endeavors and the positive affect that the person or business has had both locally and beyond.